Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
New consultation into National Well-being measures, 31 October  The consultation will close on 23 January 2012.
Happiness index to gauge Britain's national mood, 14 November 
- data.gov.uk launched, "so that government information is accessible and useful for the widest possible group of people", January 20 
- Oneplace website launched. The site is intended to "enable citizens to check for themselves how well councils and their partners are delivering the services that matter most to them." 9 December 
- Local government to be encouraged to release local public data and establish an open-platform Local Data Exchange. 7 December 
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee who led the creation of the World Wide Web, asked to help government drive the opening up of access to UK Government data in the web over the coming month, June 10  topic
- Government outline next steps in their Power of Information programme. Minister announces plans for an overhaul of Crown Copyright rules that will make it easier for citizens to re-use Government information. May 7  “They say information is power, but only distributed information is truly empowering. That's why the Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI) [External website] has looked again at the restrictions of Crown Copyright, and now a licence will automatically be granted to anyone wanting to use the information rather than having to apply beforehand." Tom Watson MP topic
- ↑ Free Our Data: the blog, January 25th, 2010
- ↑ Free our data: The blog, September 15, 2009
- ↑ Free Our Data, April 23, 2009
- ↑ ons.gov.uk, 31 October 2011
- ↑ guardian.co.uk, 14 November 2010
- ↑ guardian.co.uk, January 20, 2010
- ↑ Communities and Local Government, 9 December 2009
- ↑ Communities and Local Government, 7 December 2009
- ↑ Number10.gov.uk, June 10, 2009
- ↑ Cabinet Office, May 7, 2009
- ↑ nef, January 24