June 2008 Edit
- Friends of the Earth and CPRE welcome the Government's decision to delay the next stage of its controversial Planning Bill, following widespread concerns, June 5  "The Planning Bill is an environmental disaster. The Government wants to fast-track major developments - such as airports, roads and power stations - through the planning system without considering their impact on climate change and with little regard for local opinion. Ministers must listen to the mounting concern, and put people and the planet at the heart of our planning system." Friends of the Earth's planning campaigner, Hugh Ellis.
May 2008 Edit
- Draft Queen's Speech raises both hopes and fears for natural environment, CPRE, May 14 
April 2008 Edit
- Competition commission remedies could herald extinction of local stores, CPRE, April 29 
- Friends of the Earth demands supermarket watchdog 'with teeth', April 29  "Reports indicate that the Competition Commission is about to step in with some long-overdue support for our farmers, but it's shameful that their plans will do nothing to help the small shops on our dying high streets. The Commission's failure to understand the importance of independent shops makes it even more important that the Government now brings in strong planning policies for diverse and sustainable town centres."
- New Start editorial April 30 2008 Masterplanning arouses strong emotions. I’ve always found it slightly reminiscent of Albert Speer’s work as chief architect of the Third Reich.
February 2008 Edit
- Competition Commission could be cooking up a recipe for grocery disaster, CPRE, February 15 
- Government move to pass planning powers to undemocratic quangos, CPRE, February 5 
January 2008 Edit
- New Start editorial January 30 2008 If you were to fly over north Liverpool in a helicopter you wouldn’t see much of significance in a patch of grass and mud in front of a dilapidated terrace, sandwiched between two arterial roads.
- ↑ Friends of the Earth Campaign to Protect Rural England
- ↑ Campaign to Protect Rural England, May 14
- ↑ Campaign to Protect Rural England, May 12
- ↑ CPRE, April 29
- ↑ Friends of the Earth, April 29
- ↑ Campaign to Protect Rural England, February 15
- ↑ Campaign to Protect Rural England, February 14
- ↑ Campaign to Protect Rural England, February 5