South West England is one of the regions of England. It was originally divided into just Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset, and Wiltshire. Since then, Avon has been abolished, and many districts have separated from their original county as unitary authorities.
UK regional sustainable development indicators Edit
- The South West had amongst the highest proportions of rivers of good quality.
- Rates of robbery, burglary and vehicle theft and fear of crime were amongst the lowest of the regions.
- The proportion of 19 years old attaining level 2 qualifications was the highest of the regions.
- Mortality rates from circulatory disease and cancer were the lowest of the regions and overall life expectancy was amongst the highest.
- The lowest percentage of journeys was made by public transport in the South West, and the region saw the lowest reuse of previously developed land for new housing / 
|South West England
Bristol -- Bath and North East Somerset - Chew Magna -- Cornwall -- Devon - Exeter - Plymouth -- Dorset -- Gloucestershire - Gloucester - Minchinhampton - Nailsworth - Stroud -- North Somerset -- Somerset -- South Gloucestershire - Thornbury - Sustainable Thornbury -- Wiltshire
Related topics Edit
- Sustainability networks, general article, including action ideas, within the Ideas Bank
- Climate change information by local councils in South West England
- Transition towns
- Guidelines for including Projects
Wanted pages and external links
- Eden Project W
|Districts of South West England|
Bath and North East Somerset • Bournemouth • Bristol • Caradon • Carrick • Cheltenham • Christchurch • Cotswold • East Devon • East Dorset • Exeter • Forest of Dean • Gloucester • Isles of Scilly • Kennet • Kerrier • Mendip • Mid Devon • North Cornwall • North Devon • North Dorset • North Somerset • North Wiltshire • Penwith • Plymouth • Poole • Purbeck • Restormel • Salisbury • Sedgemoor • South Gloucestershire • South Hams • South Somerset • Stroud • Swindon • Taunton Deane • Teignbridge • Tewkesbury • Torbay • Torridge • West Devon • West Dorset • West Somerset • West Wiltshire • Weymouth and Portland
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- ↑ Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, January 31 2008