Random facts Edit
- There are 7.8m part-time workers in the UK making up nearly a quarter of the workforce, with almost three times as many women working part-time as men (2,014,000 vs. 5,845,000), Source: Labour Market Statistics, The Office of National Statistics. (via bettertransport.org.uk, Feb 2012)
- Last year 22% of women were in jobs earning less than £7 an hour, Source: linksUK, February 24, 2010
- Half of the (UK) working population, 52% of men and 48% of women, say they want to work more flexibly. 60% of people support the right to request flexible working to be extended to all. Source: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC), January 2007.
- Sustainable income standards: Towards a greener minimum? Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Donald Hirsch et al., 7 December 2011
Wanted pages and external links
- Co-production by people outside paid employment, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Findings, June 2006 - Ref 0356. new economics foundation news
- The Play Ethic