Open Agenda Edit
For example an agenda can be created through open collaboration on a wiki such as this one. The agenda should be open as soon as possible from when the conference is proposed.
- There may be tensions here which need to be worked through. For example objections (to openness) which tend to be of the kind - "people won't come" without certainty over various aspects
- purposes of the conference
- expected outcomes
- key topics
- timing and duration
Listing questions to work on in advance Edit
Questions to work on (including collaboratively for example via a wiki) in advance might come from the original reasons for calling the conference.
Overcoming objections to preparation Edit
- Preparation or work in advance of the conference not about cutting down Agenda options
- Preparation or work in advance of the conference seen as of value in its own right
- Public Participation: Ten Simple Ideas for Better Online/Offline Integration, August 24, 2010 intellitics.com