- Extensive forest fires are affecting several of Kenya's key moisture reservoirs including the 400,000-hectare Mau Forest Complex, Kenya's largest forest and the source of water for at least twelve rivers. , March 25 Important Rift Valley Lakes, including Lake Victoria, the source of the River Nile, depend on the rivers which are fed from the forest. Noor Hassan Noor, the Rift Valley Provincial Commissioner said that between 25 and 35 per cent of the eastern Mau forest has been lost so far as a result of the fire. topic
- Local authority leaders from 15 African countries have agreed to promote participatory budgeting in their respective municipalities and countries, October 17  The local leaders from Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Mauretania, Niger, Rwanda, and Senegal said participatory budgeting offered the opportunity to address challenges and responsibilities in local development, jointly with elected leaders, the civil society and development organizations.
- Sudan: Amnesty International adopts powerful technology in campaign to protect civilians in Darfur, Amnesty International, June 6, Instant Karma: The Campaign to Save Darfur, Instant Karma on YouTube / Peace
- Aid working in Africa, but G8 countries seriously off track in meeting promises, says DATA Report 2007, DATA, May 15 / Global connections
- Dangerous climate change is hitting Africa hard say aid and environment groups, nef, October 29 / Climate change global news