Malling Action Partnership, or MAP, is a community-based partnership, launched 3 April 2006, that has undertaken a Market Towns Initiative 'health check' in the market town of West Malling (Kent, England) and its hinterland. A health check is just a detailed look at local services and seeing if they provide all the things that people who live in, work in, or visit the town, need and want.
The health check includes a community-developed vision for the future of West Malling as a market town, and an action plan. MAP will help advance community-chosen most-needed projects.
Healthcheck report Edit
The healthcheck is now completed. An illustrated online version of the report is included here on our wiki pages - click on the following link to go to first page - MAP Action plan 2009-2011. Comment welcome, for example via talk pages (accessed via discussion tabs)
The report's Full contents includes, for example, a Description of West Malling and its surrounding area, details of the Partnership, and a list of Actions Required
Other MAP articles Edit
A - Z of other articles here. These include a MAP general comments page - use this page to write comments about living, working, shopping, getting around, etc. in West Malling and its surrounding villages.
- Low carbon community initiative - also use the MAP general comments page page to support or otherwise comment on this idea.
Contact MAP Edit
Remember to change the (at) to the appropriate symbol in the contact details given below
- West Malling Parish Council Clerk - Carole D'Silva - carole.wmpc (at) btconnect.com
- MAP Co-ordinator - Keith Bullard, talk - NEWMARKCCKMB (at) btinternet.com
- MAP Chair - Trudy Dean, talk - trudy.dean (at) kent.gov.uk
- advice / help re using this wiki - Philralph, talk
- Transport and Accessibility - Chair: Norman Kemp - nuventurecoachesltd (at) yahoo.co.uk
- Social and community - Chair: Molly Potts - robert.vago (at) virgin.net
- Economic - Chair: Sash Luck - theoldclockshop (at) tesco.net
- Environment - Chair: vacant as at March 2007
- Malling online, linking communities around West Malling