- 23 International Kitchen Garden Day
An annual, decentralized celebration of the multiple pleasures and benefits of home-grown, hand-made foods, taking place each year on the fourth Sunday of August.
Ideas for celebrations, suggested by KGI (Kitchen Gardeners International) who promote the day, include
- walking tour of gardens in your area
- kitchen garden or local agriculture potluck
- kitchen garden taste-test
- harvest or planting party
- benefit for a local food/gardening charity
- kitchen garden "teach in"
- single food theme party
- activity at a local farm