- "No one has ever become poor by giving." - Anne Frank / Complementary currencies
- "What we need is a system of work in which, instead of believing in a job, people can believe in themselves." Ed Mayo / Rewarding work
- "Too many people are against this or that, we want to be FOR something!" UNEP
- "We’re all very much aware that there are millions of young people who are unemployed, particularly in high–risk countries across the world, who form the majority of the population, and haven’t got a remote chance of ever getting a job.
I work on these issues with the Youth Employment Network of the United Nations. We know that one of the things that must be done urgently is to remove the economic, legal and regulatory impediments that many governments and societies impose on their own young people.
Angry young people without opportunities are good candidates for extremist and simplistic arguments."
- "Somewhere, there are people to whom we can speak with passion
without having the words catch in our throats.
Somewhere a circle of hands will open to receive us,
Eyes will light up as we enter, voices will celebrate us whenever we come into our own power
Community means strength that joins our strength to do the work that needs to be done.
Arms to hold us when we falter. A circle of healing. A circle of friends.
Someplace where we can be free."
- "In the design of services to solve today’s problems and the anticipated issues for tomorrow public agencies need therefore to engage people from all communities. And to act as public guarantor of fairness and justice (a key purpose of state action) they specifically need to take full account of those people with least power and resources at their own disposal." Barry Quirk / Social inclusion
- "Good ideas are dependent on an environment that is supportive of collaboration." Demos / LS Ideas Bank
- "Cities have the capability of providing something for everybody, only because, and only when, they are created by everybody." Jane Jacobs, writer and activist / Urban focus
- "My passion isn’t for hydro, it’s for people taking control of their own futures." Ann Harding, Settle Hydro, Source: Living with rats, March 18 2010 / Sustainable energy
- "The garden of the world has no limits except in your mind. Its presence is more beautiful than the stars." RumiQuotes
- "Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is either a madman or an economist." Kenneth Boulding
- "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred." George Bernard Shaw / Community involvement
- "RT @TransitionLag: "Please remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end" / Transition towns resources