- "Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." Arundhati Roy, Porto Alegre, Brazil, January 27, 2003
- "No other person can be as expert about your life, your values, your hopes than you are. And any process that tries to define the future and does not find a way to include your expertise on your life is doomed to fail"
Gary Lawrence, former chief planner for the city of Seattle
- "When I fed the poor they called me a saint. When I asked why they were poor they called me a communist." Archbishop Oscar Romero
- of course permaculture
"if we all did our bit then we could all live in peace with nature alittle more.
nature is what has brought us here and supported us. to start your own forest garden for example is very simple. simplicity is a major part of permaculture. everything has multifunctions, cooperating with each activity. for example the garden gives you food, gives animals food, trees clean the air and may create windbreaks, the food you eat will be discarded and then turned into compost. I could go on and on. life supporting life. not major food chains, insecticides, or monoculture. what a healthy harmonious life it is too. coming from an ecovillage in argentina gives me inspiration to start my own one day. until then i will do my part, remembering that everything i do affects the generations ahead of me. community and family gardening, composting, or just being in nature are examples of awesome ideas for anyone if you are interested.. there is alot to learn from nature and permaculture, books are good but so is being surrounded by the wonderfulness of a green ecosystem. go outside!! chau from brazil"
lydia link to thunderbay.indymedia article
- "The more closely we identify ourselves with the rest of life, the more quickly we will be able to discover the sources of human sensibility and acquire the knowledge on which an enduring ethic, a sense of preferred direction, can be built." E. O. Wilson
- "The power of the web fundamentally stems from joining things up and sharing, ..." David De Roure, professor at the School of Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton, member of IW3C2 (the International World Wide Web Conference Committee)
- "The good leader is the one the people adore;
the wicked leader is the one the people despise;
the great leader is the one the people say "we did it ourselves." Sun Tzu