Natural cleaning or green cleaning is a way to clean your home with fewer cleaning products and safer alternatives - producing less waste and reducing the need for harmful chemicals.
All the following ingredients can be bought inexpensively from your local supermarket:
- Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda) - cleans, deodorises, softens water and is a good scouring powder.
- Borax - is a naturally occurring mineral salt. It cleans, deodorises, bleaches and disinfects. Borax is also used to control pests such as ants and cockroaches.
- Lemon Juice - is a mild bleach, a deodorant and a cleaning agent.
- Pure Soap - is a general purpose cleaner that biodegrades completely.
- Washing Soda - cuts grease and remove stains
- White Vinegar - cuts crease and is a deodoriser and mild disinfectant.
Green cleaning - your questions Edit
Please fee free to list below any questions you suggest need answering
- Green cleaning on Greenlivingpedia
Ideas Bank - Climate change - Environmental wellbeing - Social wellbeing - Economic wellbeing - Transport and Planning - Local sustainability - Community involvement - Global connections - Personal options - Ideas Bank by place - Village pump