"So the environment is not a luxury, not a Gucci accessory bag or a fancy silk tie affordable only when all other issues have been resolved. It is the oxygen breathing life into all the Goals. It is the red ribbon running around our common aspirations for a healthier, more stable and just world." Klaus Toepfer, UNEP Executive Director, commenting on assessment of the 2015 Millennium Development Goals, prior to the 2005 World Summit.
- The 2012 Environmental Performance Index (EPI) and Pilot Trend EPI, Yale University
- The Environment in your Pocket , 2006 (EIYP), published in October 2006. A National Statistics publication produced by Defra. Facts and figures on climate change, air quality, water quality, land use, waste and recycling, wildlife and other environmental issues. It includes sustainable development environmental indicators and has a section on environmental pressures including energy use, transport, pollution incidents and household consumption as well as spending on mitigation measures.
- Representing neighbourhood environmental concerns within Local Strategic Partnerships, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, November 2004 JRF Findings
Wanted pages and external links
- Ecosystems Knowledge Network, Network website and other communications currently (Jan 2012) being developed
- e-Digest of Environmental Statistics, from Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Defra news release, Ref: 440/06, 13 October 2006