- Schools to go greener - Scotland's schools are to become greener under a new Government initiative to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency. January 5  Education Secretary Fiona Hyslop has announced a package of measures which will work towards a lower carbon school estate and meet the Government's commitments to have renewable generation in every school.
- Carbon emissions from state schools to be included in carbon trading scheme for local authorities from April 2010, July 16  topic
- Food for Life Partnership reverses the decline in uptake of school meals, Ocotber 3 
- Second competition for youth Climate Change Champions announced, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, June 5 / Youth & sustainability, Climate Change Champions 2006, Climate change UK news
- "An Inconvenient Truth" to be distributed to all 3,385 secondary schools in England. Defra, February 2 / Climate change UK news