Opportunities for growing more food in London Edit
- Planting more fruit and nut trees in parks and along routeways
- Planting beds of edibles instead of traditional ornamental plants in bedding in parks
- Grow more food in under-utilised spaces, setting up community gardens in parks, derelict council facilities, social housing land and unused private gardens.
- Alternative food production such as mushroom growing, bee-keeping and planting edibles on roofs and window boxes.
- Re-establish food growing as a major land-use on the green belt/urban fringe.
Related topics Edit
Wanted pages and external links
- Edible Landscapes London, ELL propagation and plant (spreadsheet/google doc)
- Fruit City, growing map and network of all the fruit trees in public spaces in London.
- Sustain - The alliance for better food and farming, Sustain publications