- UK utility networks extremely vulnerable to disruption and failure, June 24  Utility networks in the UK, including our electricity and water supplies, remain far too vulnerable to disruption and failure that could have enormous consequences for the general public, according to a report by ICE. "...whilst efforts are made through the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) to reduce vulnerabilities to terrorism and other national security threats, the threats from climate change are only just beginning to be considered and the threats from system failure are barely focussed on at all."
- Empty shops revival plan to prevent high street decline, April 14 
- Government and the Church of England publish 'Churches and Faith Buildings: Realising the Potential', to help all faith groups find resources to make faith buildings more sustainable by enhancing the facilities and services they offer to local communities, March 25 2009 
- High streets across the country risk becoming ‘ghost towns’, LGA, February 28  85% of councils are reporting an increase in empty properties in town centres. The LGA is calling for new powers to allow town halls to transform empty shops on a temporary basis during the recession. Shops that are currently standing empty could be used as training centres, libraries, bring-and-buy sales or youth clubs. The new powers would be a temporary measure for councils to use only during the recession. topic
- Online activism leads to important transparency victory, January 22  A legislative proposal to exempt MPs’ expenses from the Freedom of Information (FoI) Act has been hastily withdrawn, with the media reporting cross-party support dissolved in the face of mass public outcry.
- Government to fund more asset transfer projects - a new target of 80 areas within two years, November 29 
- ↑ Travelling Pantry Starts in Sheffield!, October 13, 2010
- ↑ hilaryburrage.com, September 9th, 2010
- ↑ Institution of Civil Engineers, June 24, 2009
- ↑ Communities and Local Government, April 14, 2009
- ↑ Communities and Local Government, March 25
- ↑ Local Government Association, February 28 2009
- ↑ The Open Rights Group, January 22
- ↑ Communities and Local Government, November 29