Action Ideas Edit
- Low carbon communities
- Low carbon fortnight
- Low carbon calendar
- Blue nose day
- Wear purple for Kyoto day
- Carbon offset
- Climate action networks
- Flat Earth Award - recognizing the year's most prominent global warming denier. (US link, no longer available)
Why it matters The United States was, as of 2005, the largest single emitter of carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels. (article needed)
- Climate change California
- Western Regional Climate Action Initiative
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (Northeastern United States region)
- Chesapeake Climate Action Network, first grassroots, nonprofit organization dedicated exclusively to fighting global warming in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC
- Campus Climate Challenge. Project of more than 30 leading youth organizations throughout the USA and Canada. The Challenge unites young people to organize on college campuses and high schools to win 100% Clean Energy policies at their schools.
- Climate Crisis Coalition. Seeks to broaden the circle of individuals, organizations and constituencies engaged in the global warming issue, to link it with other issues and to provide a structure to forge a common agenda and advance action plans with a united front.
- Cool Cities Across America
- Focus the Nation, educational initiative on global warming
- Alliance for climate protection
- The Climate Registry - official site
- ShareTheTruth.us - enables fans of An Inconvenient Truth to help others to watch the movie, especially by offering free admission. Allows anyone to request free tickets, or sponsor others to attend.
- Kyoto and beyond - The People’s Ratification of the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty
- Mayors for Climate Protection
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration