"In this negotiation process towards Copenhagen, it is fundamental to guarantee the participation of our people as active stakeholders at a national, regional and worldwide level, especially taking into account those sectors most affected, such as indigenous peoples who have always promoted the defense of Mother Earth." Evo Morales Ayma, President of Bolivia, November 28, 2008
As the number of links increases this page might be developed by grouping links into the main more specific topics. For area specific links please see article for the relevant area, or start one if necessary.
Wanted pages and external links
- Save the Planet from Capitalism - Letter from President Evo Morales about Climate Change and the International crisis, Indigenous environmental network
- The Apollo-Gaia Project, Bali and Beyond, Feedback Dynamics and the Acceleration of Climate Change, "The Westminster Briefing". "Once set in motion it (climate change) is acceleratingly self-perpetuating. There is then only a small time-window within which human intervention has any (rapidly diminishing) chance of halting the process and returning the system to a stable state. Failure to act effectively within that window of opportunity would inevitably precipitate cataclysmic change on a par with the five mass extinction events known to have obliterated almost all life on earth.
- Strategically we have to generate a negative feedback intervention of sufficient power to overcome the now active positive feedback process. We then have to maintain its effectiveness during the remaining period of rising temperature, while temperature-driven positive feedbacks continue to operate. That is an extraordinarily difficult task, out of all comparison with strategies currently in place."
- ClimateCrisis.net - site for An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore's documentary about global warming.
- Impacts of Climate Change Comprehensive site from The Climate Institute which pools information about the impacts of climate change from around the world
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, (IPCC)
- How to talk to a climate skeptic, Gristmill
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- The Corner House articles on carbon trading, offsets etc.
- Carma, Carbon monitoring for action
- Real Climate - A blog by Climate Scientists