Apps for sustainability Edit
Guidelines for listings Edit
The listings here are intended to concentrate on the apps which make it easier for citizens and community groups to take action for sustainability. So they are by nature citizen or user-friendly. They can include apps which help citizens and groups express needs, aspirations and good ideas to improve Quality of life in their communities. Although the listings may be primarily about software, they may also include particularly innovative and similarly citizen (not-bureaucrat) focused projects or resources.
Add yours below each item. Example here
Ideas for apps Edit
If you have an idea for an app for sustainability which needs collaborative development you're welcome to share your idea within this wiki. Example here
The following video is about related stuff, it's primarily talking to and about government, it's long, the people talk fast, some of the language is a bit techie, but seems highly related to Apps for sustainability and the wider Big Society project to which it might contribute. Particularly like the "it takes a village of villages" comment which occurs about 8 or 9 mins in Philralph @sca21 10:58, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
Related topics Edit
- Issue Reporting Applications on Open 311 wiki
- Top apps to make you more green on listiki
- Opendata Day Projects, started/completed or worked on during the Dec 4th, 2010 Open Data Day
- Ideas people have got for building apps out of government data suggested via data.gov.uk, Ideas : Environment
- Social App Store on Social by Social, wider project to which Apps for sustainability may contribute.
- From local participation to virtual discourse Echologic discussion
- Watch: Fellows Demo Their Apps @ CfA Summit, November 3, 2011
- Civic Commons, helping government agencies work together.
- Civic Stack, shared body of software and protocols for civic entities, built on open standards.
- Code for America, founded to help the brightest minds of the Web 2.0 generation transform city governments.
- Apps for Democracy, Application Directory, Guide to Creating Your Own Apps for Democracy