- "If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live. No more bees, no more pollination ... no more men!" Source: Wikiquote
- "Whoever you vote for the council still gets in."
- "Once upon a time a band of knights riding through a forest saw hundreds of trees with targets painted on them and an arrow in the very center of each target.
* When the king heard of this, he sent the knights back to find the archer who hit the bullseye every time.
They found a wee, small boy.
They brought him back to the king, and the king asked how he ever managed such a remarkable feat.
The boy answered, "it's easy, sir. First you shoot the arrow, then you paint the target."
- "Never doubt the value of your own contribution however much it may go unrecognised by the powers-that-be.
Nurture your own self-confidence and help realise the confidence of the group to which you belong, even if the only group to which you belong is humankind."
- "Trying to relieve traffic congestion by building more roads is like trying to lose weight by loosening your belt"
- "Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."
- "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time."