- “The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.” Albert Einstein
- "Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
- "A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion is a prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons close to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from our prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all humanity and the whole of nature in it's beauty."
- "For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."
- "I consider it important, indeed urgently necessary, for intellectual workers to get together, both to protect their own economic status and, also, generally speaking, to secure their influence in the political field." Charter member, AFT - American Federation of Teachers, Princeton, New Jersey, USA 1938
Related wiki content
- Albert Einstein on wikiquote